Sunday, August 5, 2012

Around this time last year...

I was sifting through all my family cruise photos and I had a light bulb moment about my weight. I knew it was time to do something about my health. I was adding the holiday snaps to facebook and an advert for 12wbt.com came up on the side. I took a look at the site and read about the program. I found some stories on members who had lost an incredible amount of weight. I knew this program could work for me. After I joined 12wbt I found out that I wasn't actually overweight, I was severely obese! What a kick in the pants that was. I knew I was fat but I didn't realise I was THAT fat!

Today while at Hollie's calisthenics competition it really hit home at how many kilos and centimetres I have actually lost. I didn't struggle to climb the stairs at the theatre, I fitted comfortably in the small theatre size seats with room to spare on either side of my seat (last year I had to squeeze my butt into the seat and I could feel myself oozing out the side of my seat and touching the person next to me). This morning when I put on the clubs uniform (tshirt and jacket), I could zip up the jacket with room to spare. Last year I couldn't even get the zip to meet together.

Another thing that just about brought me to tears happened last night. Yesterday it was my first borns birthday, he turned 14 and while I was wishing him a happy birthday with a kiss and a cuddle, he cuddled me back and was able to wrap both of his arms completely around me. He even managed to squeeze me hard and lift me slightly off the ground. I actually don't recall a moment when any of my kids have been able to fully hug me. It felt so good <3

Also with it being Jeremy's birthday yesterday and Callum's tomorrow (Monday) it made me think of how old I am (I can never remember) LOL. I will be turning 37 in October and definitely want to be entering my 40s as the best version of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Those moments when you realise how far yoy have come are priceless. I bet Jeremy was just as chuffed to be able to lift you off the ground as you were to be lifted. Well done chicky! Onwards and upwards (but down on the scales) from here xxx

    ReplyDelete