Thursday, August 9, 2012

I can do that, right?!


I have been watching a bit of the Olympics on Foxtel and I find myself getting caught up in the excitement of each event. I am not fazed if an Aussie is winning or not, just to watch any nail biting events is enough to get me cheering. Yesterday afternoon I was watching the water polo Australia VS USA. I had to leave for work before it finished but it was so exciting and they made it look so easy. It got me thinking of what events I could try out for next Olympic games ;)

I could become a hockeyroo, I played a bit of hockey in high school, and Jeremy is representing his school today is a hockey tournament. Tennis was my all time favourite sport as a kid, I won heaps of trophies for it and I had everyone guessing with being a leftie, I would definitely make that team!!! Handball is another sport that interests me. I was a champ at handball at primary school, (although the Olympians play it differently to how I use to play it). Or there is Rhythmic gymnastics, that looks very similar to calisthenics and I did that for a few years and I am awesome at watching and supporting Hollie and her team at her cali comps. There are just so many sports that I could chose from that I could compete in. Judo is another one, I have heaps of skill and experience at playing 'tackles' and 'stacks on' on the lounge room floor with the kids. I have always wondered what the big deal with boxing was and why the heck it would be an Olympic sport, that was until I have participated in a few boxing classes at the gym. OHMEEGEE the adrenalin you get from punching at someone is freaking awesome, I could totally do that sport to win a gold medal! And the final sport I could totally win multiple medals at is table tennis. I am so epic at the sport, I kick everyone's butt in this house. Me being a leftie makes me even more awesome at this sport. And I own a table tennis that's folded up in the garage with dust all over it. Too easy.

So in saying all this I have all the experience and skill level needed to be the next Olympian. Right?!
Now, where do I forward my Australian Olympic Team uniform order request to?

1 comment: