So it's no secret that I bummed out big time with 12wbt rd 2 2012, I am sure it happened to lots of members at one time or another over the previous rounds and on different weight loss programs. However, the difference with me is I am still hanging around. I may have gained 7kg but I am certainly not throwing a tantrum about it and giving up altogether. I am still here fighting with my head and it is definitely a hard battle to win. But I am determined to do it.
So that brings me to Shannan Ponton's 8 week challenge which started on Monday. My friend Raelee signed up before so we can now support each other on this journey even more. My goal for the 8 weeks is to lose as close to 10kg as possible and I figure I should do that quite easily as my body will be detoxing from all the crap I have been eating and drinking recently. Weigh in day has now moved from Wednesdays to Sundays and I am really enjoying the basic quick meals on the menu plans, although I think C-Dog is missing the fancy 12wbt meals, so I might have to throw a couple in every now and then!
In other news I am really excited about starting a training course on Monday, it will get me out of the house and stop the 'boredom eating'. I am a bit concerned about it being in a male dominated field and I really really hope there is another female in the group. If not though I am sure I will cope. Being at the course will also put another halt on me going to the gym that I have just got back into. But my plan is to utilise my lunch break with a walk/jog every day :)
Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I nearly forgot. Yesterday I found out the date for Hollie's grade 6 graduation December 12th. Now for some primary schools the grade 6 graduation is quite small and a quick quiet affair. Well not for my kid's school. It is a pretty big deal with a reception venue hired, a 3 course meal served, boys in suits, girls in formal dresses with their hair and make up done, parents and teachers also dressed up. The children mostly all arrive in limos or fancy cars of some description. Hollie has already been looking for a dress to wear and I am finding it a bit diffcult to help her chose one. I am finding being 12 is such a hard age for dresses. Some are just too young and others are just too old. There doesn't seem to be that in between age styled dresses. Or maybe I am just being a prude with the 'too old' ones she has shown me?! Anyway this got me to thinking of what dress will I wear and how hard it was to chose one for the 12wbt finale a little bit ago. So this is just another incentive to lose some more weight so my options are almost endless :)
Hollie just loves Taylor Swift and showed me these 3 dresses. While I think they are all gorgeous I am just not sure the styles are appropriate for a 12 year old??

Hope being a member of the blue team brings you everything you're looking for Nic.
ReplyDeleteXx