Monday, January 23, 2012

Pre season task 2 - Get Real - No more excuses.

INTERNAL EXCUSES-

1.I ate it because it’s in the cupboard.
-Don’t buy it.  If it’s not in the cupboard, you won’t be tempted.

2. I deserve a treat because I’ve been on a diet and working so hard to lose weight and need a break.
-What? Undo all the hard work.  Think how hard it is to burn 500 calories . Find another way to treat yourself - piece of clothing, a magazine.
3. It doesn’t count if no one sees me eat it.
-I read this quote the other day - What you eat in private, people see in public.

4. There’s nothing to eat in the house and I can't be bothered cooking so I’ll order take-away.
-Get organised, Be prepared . Menu plan in advance.

5.I’m tired and a chocolate bar will pick me up again.
- Go to bed earlier the night before.

6. I can’t be bothered cooking or exercising.
-JFDI

7. I slept in and am now running late, its just easier to grab anything on the way.
-Plan your day in advance.  Keep a healthy snack in your bag for the JIC moments


8. All the good TV shows are about to start back on TV.
-If you exercise earlier in the day then the TV show can be a treat of a night.


9. I can do it later.
- Later tends to turn into never. So get organised and get the exercise out of the way early in the day.


EXTERNAL EXCUSES WITHIN MY CONTROL -

1. It is too hot/too cold to go outside.
- Go to the gym, it's has air conditioning and fans and it is INDOORS ! you bought a membership for this very excuse.

2. My house is a mess, I really need to clean it up.
- Plan your day better to fit everything in. Get the kids and husband to help around the house. Wake up earlier to get the most out of the day.


EXTERNAL EXCUSES OUT OF MY CONTROL.

1. Calls from the school to say that a child is sick or needs to go to the doctor/orthodontist urgently.
-Keep a healthy snack in your bag/car or quickly grab something from the cupboard/fridge that would be suitable until you get home again

2. Work calling at late notice to come in for a shift.
-Prepare meals in advance if this happens a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment