Tuesday, July 17, 2012

100 reasons why I want to lose weight!



I have been making up this list for about 3 weeks now, the first 20 or so came to my mind instantly and I was going to stop there but I thought I would leave it for a few days and come back again. Then I got to 50 and again I thought I was done so I left it for another week. When I came back to my list I had another writing spurt and got to 95. There was no way I could stop at 95, so this morning I made it to 100. I might even keep adding to it at a later stage.

  1. For me.
  2. For my health.
  3. For my family.
  4. To feel better.
  5. To be able to buy nice clothes.
  6. To be able to buy any clothes I want.
  7. To look better.
  8. To look nice in photos.
  9. To not hide from the camera.
10. To not cringe when my husband touches me.
11. To not be embarrassed about my body.
12. To not embarrass my children about my body.
13. To be healthy.
14. To fit into my clothes comfortably.
15. To not have people judge the food I eat.
16. To have more energy.
17. To be a healthy role model to my kids.
18. To be able to clothes shop online.
19. To lower the risks of heart disease, stroke etc
20. To not keep the family cycle of obsesity going.
21. To look good naked.
22. To show those who have doutbed my efforts that I can and I did do this.
23. To not be self conscience.
24. Because I deserve it.
25. To not be asked if I am pregnant.
26. To wear bathers with confidence.
27. To wear a bikini.
28. To buy nice sexy lingerie.
29. To not be the fat friend.
30. To lower my risk of cancer.
31. To be able to run.
32. To not be heavier than my husband.
33. To go on a clothes shopping spree.
34. To stick to something I have set my mind on.
35. To feel comfortable in my own body.
36. To add more years to my life.
37. To be able to not worry if a seat will hold me or I will fit into it.
38. To have a smaller firmer butt!
39. To be able to walk into any boutique store and know their clothes will fit me.
40. To have an inpsiring 'before' and 'after' photo.
41. To finish this journey I have started.
42. To inspire others to lead a healthy lifestyle.
43. To enter my 40s as the fittest and healthiest person I can.
44. To have a BMI under 25.
45. To have my weight in the 'healthy weight range'.
46. To show my kids (especially my daughter) a positive body image.
47. To be able to wear crop tops with confidence.
48. To get rid of my chubby tummy and spare tyre.
49.  Because I can.
50. To say I am happy with my body.
51. To get my body fat under 22%.
52. To never cringe at the word F-A-T.
53. To not have rolls of fat.
54. To be more postitive.
55. To prove everyone wrong.
56. To feel comfortable in knowing I can do any activity - sports, rides etc.
57. So people won't stare at me because of my weight.
58. To get a regular sized towel around me.
59. So I can fit into smaller jeans.
60. Be less self conscious about my body when I’m with other people.
61. To build muscle.
62. To stop whining that I need to lose weight.
63. To make exercise fun.
64. I want one chin.
65. I want to be strong.
66. I want to get on with life and stop obessing over losing weight.
67. I want to enjoy Summer and not wish Winter would hurry up to wear clothes that cover my body more.
68. When I am at my goal I could find a new New Year’s Resolution.
69. To show my husband that this is not another 'fad diet' that I will fail at.
70. I want to see my toes when standing up straight.
71. To be proud of myself.
72. To help control my asthma more effectively.
73. I want to feel comfortable with the lights on during 'intimate times'.
74. To be able to own a 'little black dress'.
75. To get smaller boobs!
76. I want to be able to stand in front of a mirror and like what I see.
77. To not have thighs that rub together.
78. Have a flatter stomach.
79. Feel sexy.
80. To feel excited about the future.
81. To look younger.
82. To feel younger.
83. To not feel like the biggest person in any room or at any function.
84. To feel inspired to dress better/nicer.
85. To wear size 12 clothes comfortably.
86. Be in control of my eating. Eat to live not Live to eat.
87. Prove to myself I can do it.
88. I want to know I am nurturing myself daily.
89. Regain confidence.
90. To get off the 'yo-yo' dieting mentality.
91. To show everyone that I will not gain the weight back.
92. I want to look great for my daughter's Grade 6 graduation at the end of the year.
93. I want to feel in control of my life.
94. To feel better mentally and emotionally.
95. To inspire others.
96. To show people I can walk the walk and not just the talk.
97. To say good bye to being the 'fat chick' who is sketched in my brain.
98. To reach the goals I set.
99. So I can sit on my husband's knee and know that I am not hurting him.
100. BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT!

This was a hard and heart wrenching list to make but I am proud of it <3






3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart you should be able to cross alot of this list already.

    I love the list and the thought you put into it. It shows you have come far but are still on your journey of life :)

    You inspire me all the time you have achieved so much and should see that already

    You are a great role model to your family and friends.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am a blubbering mess. I had no idea that anyone else felt these very same emotions / reasons to get healthy.
    Your honesty is like you, beautiful <3 Thankyou for sharing and inspiring me everyday <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list Nic. That last one is SOOOOO important. You ARE worth it. And it's okay to want all of those things on your list.

    Go get 'em girl xx

    ReplyDelete